About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / General surgery

"Under the Patients Rights (Scotland) Act 2011 you have a guarantee to be admitted for treatment (operation) within 12 weeks. This means that we will offer you an appointment on or before 07/06/2016. This is the maximum that should should have to wait, of course we will endeavour to see you sooner. " This is verbatim a quote from the QEUhospital (Southern General) letter issued to me.

In my case - in early June I had a call came to say it was not possible to meet the deadline at QYUH due to lack of facilities ( wards/theatre). I was given a new date of early July again with reassurance. On the same day the confirmation letter arrived so did a phone call to cancel and a new date given July 19th with no guarantees of it also being cancelled. How many cancellation should each patient tolerate without complaining?

My condition has deteriorated, my pain has increased greatly, I feel depressed, arrangements I have made have had to be changed 3 times. Why!

Can a hospital be so poorly managed that patient care is not its priority? Nursing staff and doctors are great - so who is at fault?

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear dismissed

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. I am very sorry to hear that this has happened and understand how let down you feel.

I would like to look into this further for you and get some answers to the questions you have raised here. So that I can do that for you, please send me some more details to Lisa.Ramsay@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

You have done the right thing by raising this with us, and hopefully by doing so we can make improvements to your individual experience going forward, but also in how we manage our appointments more generally. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes