"Elderly fathers prostate investigations"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

The consultant and their team today were running the clinic on time, and were without exception kind, thoughtful, considerate and careful of an old man's dignity. The consultant was wonderful, excellent communication and clarity of further actions and gave every opportunity for comments and concerns. We could not have received better care than my dad did today. Thank you so much.

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mrs SW,

Thank you so much for your comments following your father’s recent visit to Pilgrim Hospital.

All feedback is very welcome, but such positive comments are really appreciated by staff members, and have a real impact on team morale.

I would very much like to pass your comments on to the consultant and their team, but would need a few more details to enable me to do so. Would you be prepared to contact me directly( 01476 464560, Sharon.kidd@ulh.nhs.uk )and let me have your father’s name? If so, I can then make sure the whole team get to share this lovely feedback.

Regards

Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience Manager

Dear Mrs SW

Just wanted to thank you for emailing me your dad's details. As promised, I have emailed your lovely story to Mr Memon and I know he will greatly appreciate your very kind words.

Best wishes

Sharon

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mrs S W

Thank you for your kind comments. It is our duty to try to provide the best service to our patients. I was very pleased to hear that your father was happy with the way the clinic was run and that we were able to assist him with all of his concerns.

Regards