"Orthopaedic experience"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I was admitted onto ward 36, the orthopaedic trauma ward, following a fall in which I broke my kneecap. This required surgery and I was in hospital for 4 days after the operation. The care I received from admission to discharge was of an incredibly high standard. Everyone - nurses, doctors, physiotherapists and support staff - was friendly and highly professional. It is a ward with many admissions; some older people who were admitted were suffering from different degrees of confusion but, despite being very busy, nurses went out of their way to treat them with dignity and to spend time with them. The nursing care they, and all the other patients received, was exceptional - compassionate, respectful and extremely competent. Follow up care since my discharge has been equally good. I have nothing but praise for the dedication and commitment of the orthopaedic team.

I have a way to go before I am confidently striding out again but have had the best possible care to help me to do this. Thank you.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Dear Wendy

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary. We're delighted to hear you are pleased with the quality of care you received and will be passing this onto the team involved. We wish you well and hope you are soon striding out! Thanks again and best wishes for your recovery.