"Last minute appointment cancellation"

About: Ayr Hospital / Cardiology

I have waited months to finally see a Cardiologist for my initial consultation, only to have someone call me at work a couple of hours before my appointment advising me it was cancelled. She couldn't give me a reason or advise how long I should expect to wait for it to be rescheduled.

I have been very concerned about the issue affecting me and this appointment was so important to me, as my GP cant treat me until he knows exactly what is the cause of my chest pains. As a younger woman, this is of significant concern.

Dear Fauldsire01,

You must feel disappointed, frustrated, annoyed etc .............. (And maybe a few un-publishable words). I have tried to find out if any clinic was cancelled today but without your personal details e.g. your name, CHI number or date of birth, I can't really find out what happened.

If you wish to contact me I can try to find out more for you. At the very least, I may be able to get an idea of when you may be seen. If I can be so cheeky, I would like to explore this for you today before the holiday weekend, but you would need to contact me today if it suits you. If you can, please contact me on 01563 826222 or email me on eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk.

I am sorry you have had this disappointment and I value the opportunity to help if I can, so thank you for letting us know about it.

Kind regards,

Eunice

• Fauldsire01 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Fauldsire01 (the patient)

Hi Eunice, thank you for such a prompt and helpful response. I have actually came home from work tonight to a further appointment letter, with it rescheduled to mid-June, so I don't have a lengthy wait and at least I can plan around it again at work. Thank you again for your response,

Regards

You are most welcome, I hope the outcome is the best,

Eunice