"The care given to my brother was second to none"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Cardiology

My brother passed away recently and I would like to thank the wonderful staff

who cared for him while in Wishaw General. During his time in the hospital the care he received from Dr Reed, Dr Dagg and all the nursing team was second to none. Thank you to the staff in ward 5 who looked after him when he was admitted, making sure he wanted for nothing. I also want to thank the team in CCU/MHDU who made a stressful situation during my brothers last few hours a lot easier to bare by the way they treated him and all my family with kindness, dignity and respect. We take it for granted that nurses and doctors are always there and it's only in times like these that we really appreciate the work they do .........thank you.

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Cat woman,

I’m sorry to hear of your brothers passing. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was moved by your story and it will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the Medical and Nursing Teams involved in his care. This is the level of care and compassion that we aspire to for all.

We try very hard to make sure the care we provide is person-centred and a key element of that is considering and including the people who are important to the person being cared for.

I’m glad that you and your family were able to be with your brother and comfort him, as well as being able to support each other during what must have been a very difficult time for you all. The Nursing staff will be pleased to read your positive comments.

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on patient opinion.

I wish you and your family the best for the future.