"very good signposting. The place ..."
About: Calderdale Royal Hospital Calderdale Royal Hospital Halifax HX3 0PW
Posted by Mrs.Acklam (as ),
What I liked
very good signposting. The place was easy to find.
What could be improved
1) ticket machine would not issue us a ticket.
2) upon pressing help button, confronted with extremely unhelpful staff, who informed us that they couldnt release us through the car park, because it would mess up the computer. This left us trapped as by this time there were cars behind us waiting and we would have been late had we not arrived early knowing the general difficulty people have with the parking there.
3) Why did the spaces/full sign tell us there were spaces when there wasn't? This would have saved us a lot of trouble.
1) On arriving to the outpatients department we were confronted by a que that stretched out on to the corridor.
2) On finally getting to the desk no attempt was made to inform us that the consultant's tuesday morning clinic was running late we were just shunted to another waiting area.
3) The waiting area was full. Far too few seats, maybe we should have realised that there was something wrong at this point it is by no means a small waiting area.
4) After waiting half an hour after the appointment time we enquired as to what the delay was, the answer was an "I dont know" with no offer of finding out for us. Ten minutes later a sign scribbled on a bit of scrap paper was produced informing us that patients could expect a 60 min delay.
5) 60 mins came and went, still with no explanation as to the delay, 60 mins turned into 2 1/2 HOURS standing in the corridor as all the seats were full (and no extras were brought or offered) before we were finally seen by a doctor for the consultation.
6) As for the consultation I feel as though the consultant couldnt care less that we had waited so long for them to grace us with their presence and that the consultation was rushed as a result. There wasnt even an apology, only the nurse said "gosh you've been here a while".
7) For an 11 o' clock appontment to be finally seen at 13 30 is absolutely rediculous.
It was so bad that people were haveing to leave their appointments behind and go to work. They were forced to rebook their appointments because of what i am assuming poor timekeeping and bad organisation. this was also after they too had waited the two and a half hours that we did.