"Day Patient Operation"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / General surgery Walk-in Centre

Having had my day care operation yesterday at Pilgrim Hospital to repair an umbilical hernia I would just like to thank all involved.

The care I have received from diagnosis (at Skegness Walk in Centre) to the operation has been phenomenal with the whole thing being sorted within 8 weeks. I was nervous yesterday but everyone from the nurses and the theatre staff/ nurses were so lovely and helpful (Especially Annette she really put me at ease and we had a lovely chat).

I was home by 8. 30pm and felt like I had really been taken care of. I know that the NHS comes under criticism but I must say that this experience was made easy due to the organisation, kindness and expertise shown by your fabulous staff. They are a credit to the NHS and although under pressure do their very best in a difficult job.

Many thanks to all involved in my care and you should all be very proud of the job that you do so well!

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear georgiesmummy,

Thank you for this lovely feedback.

I have shared your comments with the teams involved with your care and we are pleased that you felt reassured during your stay with us. It was a pleasure being able to provide care for you.

We all wish you a speedy recovery.

Kind Regards