"Thank you so much!"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Paediatrics NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service)

(as a parent/guardian),

We had to come to Scotland for the Easter weekend an on good Friday my daughter fell ill with a raging temperature, sore throat, rash on her face and body. In the early hours of Easter Saturday, she was sick persistently for a number of hours and very unwell.

We rang 111 and the nurse that called back was very thorough and spoke to my little girl as part of her assessment. We accessed the out of hours service and were very quickly admitted to hospital.

The doctors and nurses were amazing and looked after our little girl (and us) with outstanding care and attention Thank you so much! The doctor even called us at home a week later to discuss test results. Really impressed with how the loop was closed.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Verbal276

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Patient Opinion. I am sorry to learn that your daughter was unwell and I am sure this would have been a very worrying time for you all. I do hope that her health has improved.

I note from your story that you called NHS 24 on 111 and one of our Nurse Practitioners returned your call to assess your daughter's symptoms which resulted in her being referred for face to face assessment at the Out of Hours Service.

I am pleased to read your complimentary comments in relation to the thorough assessment carried out by the NHS 24 Nurse Practitioner. It is always a pleasure to receive complimentary feedback on the excellent service provided by our staff. If you care to contact me with some additional detail, then I would be able to identify the Nurse who managed your call and share your feedback directly with her. I can be contacted on 0141 337 4582 or by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

I note you have also praised the service received from NHS Dumfries & Galloway. I am sure my colleagues will be pleased to read your positive comments for their staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. I do wish you and your family well.

With kind regards

Shona Lawrence

NHS 24 Patient Affairs Manager

Response from Kirstine Burns, Senior Charge Nurse, Paediatrics (Ward 15), NHS Dumfries and Galloway

Dear Verbal276, thank you so much for your feedback. I hope that your daughter has fully recovered from her illness. I am extremely pleased to hear that one of our doctors has contacted you with results and, as you have said, completed the loop.

I will pass on your comments to our nursing and medical staff.

Thanks again

Kirstine Burns, senior charge nurse.