"Cleft Surgical Surgery"

About: Royal Hospital for Sick Children (Edinburgh) / Paediatric surgery

(as a parent/guardian),

My son has been under the care of the cleft team at Edinburgh since 2007. His unilateral cleft lip and palate was not diagnosed antenatally. From the day he was born to the present we have received nothing but the very best of care that the NHS can provide. Being born with a cleft lip and palate requires years of treatment. Surgery is at the heart of this and crucial to my sons life chances, both in terms of his facial features and speech outcomes. He has had 4 surgeries to date and each time he has been expertly cared for by the surgeon, cleft nurse specialists and nurses on Ward 3. Edinburgh is fortunate to have a world renowned surgeon providing this care in Edinburgh. We are so very grateful to her and her team for ensuring that my sons cleft lip and palate has not had an impact on his development and confidence.

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear Centuck

Thank you very much for this lovely feedback about your son and his treatment with the Cleft lip team at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children (RHSC) during the last number of years. I was really pleased to read how your son has been cared for during his 4 surgeries by everyone in the multi-disciplinary team, including the staff in ward 3 and how this has not impacted on his development or confidence.

I have passed your kind words onto the team at RHSC who I am sure will be delighted with your feedback.

Thank you again.

Jeannette

• Centuck thinks this response is helpful