"Horrible experience"

About: University Of Bristol Dental Hospital

The reception staff are chaotically disorganised. They hardly answer the phone when I call to book appointments, and then you get taken of the register because of this. Always had different opinions of orthodontists who supervised students pressured onto me, and my concerns were not listened to.

Often my lips and gums would bleed because of clumsy students,

I have nothing against them if they act professional, instead of causing their patient pain. I left messages to cancel appointments yet this wasn't picked up on by reception and was told I did not attend. I am now on my 12 month aftercare and have tried repeatedly to book appointments for a review,

I always go through to message and when I leave a message an appointment is not made for me. I feel I have been taken advantage of as a teenager because I was independent enough to attend appointments without my parents. If my parents were there maybe I would have received better care as a patient.

Now I have had an infection of my growing wisdom teeth and was in immense pain for which I could not wear my retainer.

I urgently need to meet an orthodontist yet my messages are not responded to. It is now nearing the end of post 12 months of the removal of my braces and I am very upset with the care given.

Response from University Of Bristol Dental Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about the inconvenience you have experienced. We would advise that you contact our patient support and complaints team (0117 342 1050 / pals@uhbristol.nhs.uk) so that we can log this issue you have raised. We hope you have been able to secure an appointment and receive better care and treatment in the future. Kind regards.