"Extra long waiting time."

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Ophthalmology

Visiting clinic 8 at Lincoln County Hospital recently. I arrived at 2.00 pm for a 2. 15 appointment, booked in on computer system. I sat until 3.20 pm, when I normally am seen for eye test, scan and field test.

I asked the receptionist if I had been missed. He asked my name rudely responded yes sit and wait. He left the area so I spoke to a nurse she called me 3 minutes later full of apologies, the receptionist had not put my notes through. The staff got me through all of my checks very quickly, and I was seen by Mr. Khan and left the hospital at 4.20 pm.

While sat listening the receptionist was very rude to a number of people.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Gilbert11,

I am sorry to hear that on this occasion your visit has not gone smoothly.

We are aware that on a very small number of occasions the electronic check-in fails to register your arrival. In order that I can investigate whether this was a computer error or human error I would be grateful if you could contact either myself (01522 582975, Daniel.overton@ulh.nhs.uk), or our PALS team (01522 707071, pals@ulh.nhs.uk), with your details.

Please be assured that the computer error is under investigation by the electronic check-in team.

I can only apologise for your experience with our reception team. Your comments have been passed on to the manager of that team for their consideration.

I am sorry that on this occasion we have not demonstrated our usual high standards and I will feedback everything you have mentioned at our next team meeting.

Daniel Overton.

Deputy Charge Nurse - Ophthalmology Outpatients (Clinic 8)

• Gilbert11 thinks this response is helpful

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Gilbert11,

I’m sorry to hear of the problems that you experienced with the receptionist while attending clinic 8.

This is not the level of service that we expect from our team and I will share your comments with them and also use this as a learning opportunity for improvement and development in this area.

Dianne Sharpe