"Efficient and professional - with a smile"

About: King's Mill Hospital

I experienced chest pains for the first time on a Saturday afternoon and was driven to A&A by my husband. I was registered at reception straight away and very shorty afterwards a care worker did an ECG and showed the results to a doctor. A nurse then took full details of what had happened. After a wait of perhaps 45 minutes, another nurse took blood samples and sent them off to haematology. Another short wait of perhaps 30 minutes and I was seen by a consultant A&E doctor. The doctor was very reassuring. The blood test results were not yet back but the consultant suggested we went home and said that they would telephone when the results were back. Within 20 minutes of arriving home, the consultant telephoned with the results. I cannot fault the hospital or anybody in it. Everybody was charming, courteous, and efficient. I was in and out in less than 2 hours. Well done, Kings Mill. 10/10 for my one and only experience of A&E.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your kind comments about your experience of Accident and emergency services on 21 May at King's Mill Hospital.

Thank you for your email and taking time to share your positive experience about your care.

Your feedback has been shared with the relevant staff and we all hope that you have made a good and full recovery following your visit.