"Far too difficult to access help when you are..."

About: Tees, Esk And Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust

Tees Esk and Wear NHS Trust recently took over the provision of mental health services in The Vale of York in April. I have been struggling with mental ill health over the past 9 months, and got very little success or support from gaining access to the mental health services in York when it was run by Leeds and York Trust.

Unfortunately Tees, Esk and Wear are no better, having rung the crisis team on several occasions and been told I do need a psychiatric evaluation but then no one ever gets back to you, despite my GP, and employer insisting that I am dire need of psychiatric treatment. Especially considering I have a significant mental health history.

I have absolutely no faith in the mental health services, my health has deteriorated so much because of all this.

I think York could quite possibly the worst city in the country to be mentally unwell.

Response from Tees, Esk And Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust

We are very sorry for the delay in responding to your concerns, the Crisis Team Manager has now provided the following response.

I sincerely apologise that your experience of contacting the Crisis & Access Service in York has been unhelpful to you, and appears to fall short of the level of care and support that we aspire to provide. I would very much like to speak to you directly, face to face or over the phone, to obtain some additional information so I can look into your situation in more detail and try to resolve this situation as speedily as possible. Jake Balla Team Manager, Crisis & Access Service. Contact 01904 610700