About: Whiston Hospital

So i had an appointment at Whiston hospital on a friday to be incuded, after failing i was told on the sunday evening to sign papers for a 'emergency' casearan. After fasting for 37 hours (meant to be 6) my partner made a complaint to which they said i would have to wait until the next day. So i ate, after i was offered out of date food! then began to fast again for another 15 hours when i was finally taken to theatre. Once i returned to the ward i was put in a corner with no sink, no anti bacteria gel or tv. My bed was broken so couldnt move myself up or down to reach for my newborn baby. The midwives were great, accept for the night time staff bar one student midwife who was amazing. They then left me nearly 72 hours (max amount of time) before giving me my anti D injection and telling me the blood they gathered from my baby was unable to give result as his cord had clotted!! Very understaffed such a shame.

Response from Whiston Hospital

We appreciate your comments and feedback relating to your recent visit to Whiston Hospital.

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one and we have shared your feedback with our maternity service in order for us to improve the service.

Please do not hesitate to contact our PALS department on 0151 430 1376 so that we can discuss this further with you.