"Mole removal"

About: Heavitree Hospital

I was initially impressed with how quickly I saw a consultant regarding a suspicious mole (within 4 days of a doctor’s appointment), who advised that I need to have the mole removed that day. I was told that the results may take 2-3 weeks. I called around 3 weeks to be told results are in, but they can’t discuss them with me, however I was advised the letter will be sent out and I should get this within a week. I waited a week and called only to be told that there are delays to the letters being typed and I should probably wait another 10 days. This has been a very worrying time, especially since the consultant thought It necessary to remove the mole so quickly and waiting what will be nearly 6 weeks to find out if a mole is cancerous seems appalling.

Response from Heavitree Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your experience is the cause of frustration and inconvenience and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you. In order for us to fully investigate your concerns and address the issues you have raised, we would be grateful if you could contact out PALS department on 01392 402093 so that they can take some further details from you. We hope to hear from you soon so that these matters can be resolved. Once again, we are very sorry for your experience.