"Excellent care in Fracture clinic and ward D5"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I attended A&E on a Sunday night and I was very happy with the care I received, although it was very busy and I had to wait but I expected that to be the case. The staff were excellent.

An X-ray showed that I had broken my collarbone, so I attended the fracture clinic on the following Wednesday. There was a short delay of around half an hour but once again the staff were excellent.

A was booked in for an operation to have my collarbone repaired on the Friday afternoon in ward D5. The ward was spotless, I saw a person cleaning several times in the few hours that I was there. All of the staff were friendly and approachable, especially the anaesthetist who was really amusing-I was quite disappointed when they knocked me out!

I am very happy with the care I have received. I have read that other people are unhappy but in my experience the service was second to none.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Many thanks for your comments.

I am pleased to read that you had a positive experience both on your attendance in the A&E Department and on the ward when you had surgery to repair your collarbone.

I have forwarded your feedback to the teams involved in your care and hope that you are continuing to make a good recovery from your surgery.

Patient and Customer Services Manager