"Lack of respect"

About: Freeman Hospital

I recently attended the Cardiology department for an echocardiogram and was not happy with certain aspects of my visit.

On arrival, after waiting a few minutes for someone to appear, I handed in my letter and was then told to go into the waiting room. The nurse who took me into the scanning room was very pleasant and respectful and I have no complaint about them . Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the operator who carried out my scan. They persistently addressed me either with "my love" or "lovey". I found this extremely patronising and felt as though I was being treated as if I were lacking in mental capacity!

I have a name and would prefer to be addressed by that when I attend hospital.

Response from Freeman Hospital

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent experiences at the Cardiology Department, Freeman Hospital. We would like to apologise for the way the member of staff addressed you while having an echocardiogram. Unfortunately we are unable to identify the member of staff from the details given, but we have taken the opportunity to remind staff of the importance to be polite and respectful towards patients, and other service users, at all times.