"Treatment for Breast Cancer"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

On 22nd February 2016 I found a small lump in my breast. My GP referred me to Eastbourne District General Hospital and after a mammogram, and biopsy, the lump was confirmed as an invasive ductal carcinoma - the lump was removed on 1st April.

Subsequently I saw the consultant oncologist, and I was prescribed hormone therapy and I will be starting a course of radiotherapy in the next few days.

This was obviously a worrying time for my husband and me, and we were both impressed with the speed of referral, diagnosis and treatment, and throughout it all we have received nothing but kindness, respect, and support from everyone we came into contact with: Health Care Assistants, Nurses, Macmillan Nurses, Doctors and Consultants.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Dear Mrs Snelling

Thank you for kindly taking the time to provide feedback about your personal experience of General Surgery and Oncology services at Eastbourne DGH.

We're pleased to hear that your diagnosis and treatment was speedily co-ordinated, as we understand that the time waiting between appointments can be very stressful.

Please be assured your posting will be shared with the staff concerned.

It's always encouraging to share positive comments and expressions of appreciation.

They mean so much.

We hope all goes well with your radiotherapy treatment and we send you our best wishes.