"Minor injury and visit toPilgrim a/e"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Accident and emergency

Fell off bike. Injury left elbow. Went to A/e to exclude fracture

Told triage nurse wouldn't be long

Waited over hour

Sent to X-ray .... Reported back to

A/e that X-ray done, waited over 2 hours for review with doctor

Who then said he couldn't find my X-ray results. Put in child room, door open as he talked to me. No seating for adults. Tap in roo running loudly next to us .. Faulty tap. Would not turn off

X rays found said not broken

Feel there was no organisation of minor injuries, very disappointed in the service. ..

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Meg52,

I'm really sorry that you didn't have a good experience of our A&E service.

We do always aim to see, treat and discharge patients within a four hour timeframe, in line with the national clinical standards for emergency care.

We are currently trying hard to make some changes within the department:

We have a group of Clinical Practitioners who are in the process of being trained to see minor injuries independently. We are also currently looking at the configuration of our rooms because there are times when there are not enough and we end up using places like the children's room which I acknowledge is not ideal. Since you posted your feedback, we have fixed the tap.

If you feel that you would like to speak with me so that I can look specifically into your care, could you please contact our PALS team (01205 446243, pals@ulh.nhs.uk) with your name, date of birth and, if you have it, your NHS number, and ask them to pass the details on to me.

Kind Regards,

Anne Dobbs

Lead Acute Care Practitioner (Emergency Medicine)

Accident and Emergency Department