"Feeling badly treated by medical staff"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Emergency department

I've been to monklands hospital a few times with severe stomach pain from my hernias. I felt that the way the nursing staff treated me was horrendous.

No wonder I've a bad stomach due to the amount of x rays I've had. Now I suffer from mental health problems and I do not in any way feel that I can go to the hospital because of getting spoke to badly by the staff. It's been happening far too often.

I was sent down by my gp by ambulance and the nurse that triage me said what am I wanting this time. I feel that this is totally unacceptable this needs to stop. My mental state of mind can not take it anymore. It's every time I present at A&E

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Drew12th

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience whilst attending the Emergency Department of Monklands Hospital.

I appreciate this has been a far from positive experience and I am dismayed and disappointed to read your posting. It is important that we learn from patient feedback and I would be very grateful if you would contact our Patient Affairs Manager on 01236 713065 to discuss this matter further.