"MAU Department"

About: Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

I recently had been admitted to the Medical Assessment Unit and I cannot say enough kind words about my treatment whilst I was there for the 3 days (no overnight stays). The doctor I saw diagnosed my suspected pulmonary embolism straight away and injected me with blood thinners in case the suspicions were correct and a CT scan later proved they were. I have quite a large PE in fact affecting both lungs. Without the quick thinking and knowledge on the subject it could have been a very different story as seen in the news recently with other young girls being mis-diagnosed. The dr also advised me to contact them at any point when I left, which I have done a couple of times, if I am worried and need some advice – excellent service! I felt at such ease the whole time and the nurses and other staff members kept my spirits up whilst offering me tea and coffee and plus for my mum who I suspect, as she was not a patient, was not entitled to one, but none the less they treated us both! Excellent, friendly, intelligent staff in that department and I cannot thank them enough for making my time there as comfortable as it could have been. I am not out of the woods yet and will need to go back to Frimley for my assessment in July but I know I will be in good hands. I feel that the NHS get given a bad rep sometimes in the public eye but everyone forgets the brilliant stuff they do EVERYDAY. I witnessed it first hand and was able to walk away and write this today thanks to them. ?

Response from Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Becca

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry my response has taken a little longer than usual.

I'm really pleased to read your comments.

We have a great team who work really hard every day to give fantastic care to our patients - feedback like yours makes it all worthwhile. They will be delighted.

Best Wishes