About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I had a tonsillectomy yesterday - I was admittedly terrified before I arrived at the hospital but all of the staff were so reassuring that by the time I was in the operating theatre, I was completely relaxed.

My surgical team were amazing, they explain everything along the way. Recovery were incredible, I had a nurses in the seated recovery area, who were so attentive with painkillers, drinks, making sure I could eat OK etc.

I expected nothing less than an amazing experience at QA as my family have used this hospital for years, and it certainly lived up to its good reputation. I am grateful for your amazing staff.

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Charlotte

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words with us. We are so glad that you had such a positive experience with us. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the team involved.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a speedy recovery following your tonsillectomy. Kind regards.