"Total Excellence"

About: Hexham General Hospital

The title reflects my experience of having a Total Knee Replacement carried out on Ward 3 Hexham General Hospital.

From arrival on the ward to leaving everything I experienced was of the highest standard.

The whole experience progressed exactly as described in the Pre-op literature so nothing came as a surprise to cause any concern.

I felt totally involved in all aspects of my care, including pain relief and mobility. all members of staff showed care and consideration of individual needs.

The accommodation in single en suite rooms enabled a high standard of personal dignity whilst at the same time being designed to avoid a feeling of isolation.

All the meals were enjoyable, with excellent choice. Having proper crockery and cutlery was very much appreciated.

I do not think any other healthcare facility could have bettered the experience on this ward

Response from Hexham General Hospital

Dear Ms Barlow,

What a wonderful review, its fantastic to know that our team on Ward 3 did everything right for you. I will be sure to pass your kind comments to everyone involved in your care with us at Hexham hospital. It’s very reassuring to know that you felt so involved and accommodated for during your stay with us. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your meals – I will ensure our catering team receive this feedback.

I hope you’re doing well following your knee replacement, if you ever need us please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

All the best,