"Bad experience"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I had visited the department about an ongoing issue I have had with my ears which have left a very negative impact on my life. I had a hearing test and then was escorted to another room where I tried to discuss my problems with a doctor who seemed uninterested. When I questioned the treatment they had a disgusted look on their face which made me feel very uncomfortable. I left feeling worst due to their attitude. After leaving, I sat outside the room and I heard them having a laugh with one of the nurses. They then left the room only to seem shocked that I was sitting outside and then quickly put on a straight face which I found very odd. Overall, It does not hurt to be a little sympathetic towards a patient. Most doctors forget that a patient has gone through months of distress before they finally reach the hospital.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking time to provide this feedback. I’m very concerned by the attitudes and behaviours you describe – this is certainly not what we want our patients to experience. I’d appreciate it if you could can you get in touch with me to discuss directly so I can look into this further. If you wish to do so you can contact me on 0115 9249924 ext. 64127 or email keith.knox@nuh.nhs.uk.

Kind regards,