"My sister's excellent stay on the stroke ward"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / General medicine

My sister was admitted to the stroke ward in mid April. I very quickly followed the ambulance and she had gone through A and E and had a head scan by the time I arrived on the ward, amazing! The care she received for the nearly 4 weeks that she was there was most impressive, the nursing and physio staff were caring, willing, happy and efficient. I was so pleased that physio/therapy commenced so quickly.

However, there was a problem with noise at night. It meant my sister could not sleep.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anastasia,

Thank you for your positive message about the Stroke Unit at Pilgrim Hospital. I will pass on your message to the whole team.

The feedback we get boosts the team morale from the therapists to the nurses and all those involved in the care of our patients, from the time they get off the ambulance to leaving our ward.

We are sorry that your sister had problems at night with noise. If you would like to speak to me about the issue please contact our PALS team (01205 446243, pals@ulh.nhs.uk) with your details, and ask for them to be passed on to me.

Thank you once again for your positive comments.

Sharon Jolly,

Deputy Sister,

Stroke Unit - Pilgrim Hospital.