"Cannot praise Wishaw General enough"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

I was admitted as an emergency case in the wee hours one day in early May 2016. I was seriously ill but thanks to the skills of Dr Akhtar and his support team in the endoscopy unit I pulled through.

I was in Wishaw General for two weeks, in the high dependency unit and ward five. The care and attention that I received from doctors, nursing staff and domestics was nothing less than five star. I cannot praise them enough.

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear beardy-dave

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care you received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital, and indeed at such a worrying time for you. I hope that you are recovering well and your health continues to improve.

Your positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the staff who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback.

Regards

Faith

Response from Karen McLelland, Senior Charge Nurse for Day Surgery and Endoscopy, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Beardy-Dave

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on the care you received in the Endoscopoy Unit during your recent illness.

I will pass on your comments to the staff and Dr Ahktar who will be very pleased as they strive to provide patients with the highest standard of care.

I hope your health continues to improve.