"New patient check system out patients."

About: Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

I experienced the new check in main out patients for the first time last week. I would firstly like to say it is very good and easy to use. What I would like to just comment on is the lack of help in knowing what happens once you arrive at the the clinic. There is no written notices to explain the screens in the clinic and the information they are giving you. Several of the patients who arrived while I was there were confused as to what it all meant. The ticket issued at the check in with your number on it could maybe contain this information on it.

Response from Steve Bruce, Patient Experience Manager, The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding the new check in system for outpatients at Ipswich Hospital. As this is a new system we are working our way through the inevitable snagging and issues that arise. We are developing signage to make the process easier to use and directional signage to the clinics. I will pass your feedback onto the team concerned who I am sure will take all your comments on board. Many Thanks.

• Lexi 2006 thinks this response is helpful