"From a different perspective"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Accident and emergency Pilgrim Hospital / X-ray and Scans

As a nurse, I know the stresses and struggles hospitals face on a daily basis, therefore was reluctant to go to A&E with what I felt was a minor issue.

I was suffering with rib pain and shortness of breath. When I plucked up courage to go to my local hospital I was rushed through A&E to the Ambulatory Emergency Care ward. There I was dealt with promptly and efficiently. I cannot fault the care I received, from the ward clerk, domestic, X-ray porter, healthcare support workers, nurses, doctor and consultant. I was treated with respect. I felt truely cared for. My thanks go to each and everyone of them.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Spesh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback on the care you have received at Pilgrim Hospital. In particular, A&E and The Ambulatory Care Unit.

As a manager, it is always pleasing to receive positive feedback. Feedback such as yours acts as a great morale booster for the teams and, because the comments are in the public domain, also goes some way towards balancing the somewhat negative portrayal of the NHS often depicted in the media.

I wish you all the best with your recovery and thank you once again for your comments, which I will ensure are shared with the team on AEC.

Lee Greathead

Charge Nurse

AEC (Ambulatory Emergency Care)