"ENT referral"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I attended at the ENT clinic on 15 March 2016 after being referred by my GP to have my nose, broken several times, assessed. I have no complaint at all with the excellent service I received at the hospital. The upshot however is that I was referred by ENT to a consultant, presumably so that surgery could be undertaken to repair the damage. Since that time I have heard nothing at all despite a couple of 'phone calls' during which I was faithfully assured that a letter was being sent out to be. In fairness I am not too bothered by any delay because I see my problem to be a minor one. It would just have been nice to have been kept in the loop.

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your compliments about the service, however, I am sorry to hear that there seems to have been a breakdown in communication with you about plans for your surgery.

Please can I suggest your contact our Patient Services Team who will be able to escalate your concerns with the ENT directorate.

The team can be contacted on telephone number 0114 271 2400 or by emailing