"Delay in appointments and replying to my concerns"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / General Medicine

I have an ongoing yet to be fully diagnosed endocronoligcal disease. I was given an appointment 12 months after my first appointment which was unbeleiveabke in my opinion but I struggled through these months popping a multitude of pills regular bloods showing no improvements waiting for my appt which was due may 2016.

I received a letter from NHS in April advising me that my appointment had been postponed by some 5 months. I was devastated. I was given no reason ...the consultant would have no way of knowing how my health was.

And I had no idea why this had happened.

I emailed my complaint to the Patient Affairs team in mid April and received a same day response acknowledging my complaint and advising I would receive a written response within 4 weeks. That 4 weeks is up today and sadly I am unsurprised to have received no response. I feel that this is an appallingly disrespectful level of service and I have no idea what to do next.

Response from Christine McNeill, Patient Affairs Manager, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Letty63

I am very sorry to read your comments regarding your recent complaint and would be grateful if you could call the Patient Affairs Office on 01355 585325.

Regards