"Grateful to the staff in Children's A&E"

About: Queen's Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My 8yr old son became unwell at school and I initially sought help from my G. P. However, enroute to the chemist afterwards, my son began to go rapidy downhill and he began to panic as he was having difficulty breathing. We drove to the hospital and I carried him into the children's A&E dept. whereupon the Admissions Administrator (Ann) noted his details and immediately informed the triage nurse. We were asked to go straight through and he was seen by the triage nurse followed by a Consultant Paediatrician. He was diagnosed with croup and received treatment. I can not fault the service we received and remain very grateful to all the staff of the Children's A&E Dept. at Queens in Romford.

Response from Queen's Hospital

It is wonderful to read your comment regarding your son’s care and treatment at our Queens Paediatric Emergency Department during what must have been a very anxious time for you and your son. I hope he is making a speedy recovery. I will pass your comments onto the Divisional Nurse for the area so she can share your gratitude with them.

Yours Sincerely