"Unacceptable wait to be told the service was not available"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Cardiology

Had an appointment at the Cardiac Clinic today. Arrived in Area 3 and waited for 30 minutes before the receptionist let us know that the doctor called in sick and will not show up that day. I think it is unacceptable to make people wait for that long, we should have been let know about it in advance. I only live 3 miles away from the hospital, but I can imagine that for other people who live further away, getting to Crosshouse hospital requires a big effort.

Dear Game817,

I am so sorry you had a wasted journey and all the other people who also attended on the same day.

If we review the process it may provide an opportunity to improve the speed at which clinics are aware of illness at an earlier point.

If you would like me to look into this for you, please contact me on 01563 826222 or email me on eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk

In the meantime, I will highlight this to the team for their consideration. I hope you have been given another appointment in the near future and your health is unaffected by this unfortunate and inconvenient delay.

Kind regards,