"Childrens orthopaedics"

About: Torbay Hospital

My son was admitted to A&E paediatric with an infected puncture wound in his hand. The staff nurse was professional and very reassuring. The staff nurse explained each step to him in a way that was understandable but not patronising. He was then taken to the Louisa Cary Ward. We were given a cubicle which was clean and tidy with enough room for a mattress for me to sleep in with him, again the staff were fantastic and very reassuring and always happy to answer his questions.

I would particularly like to praise the consultant who was very understanding and had a great bedside manner, going out of their way to try to minimise my sons distress and speed his return home!

My only 2 complaints are that I wasn't aware that I could have parked for free as a staying parent and so payed £8 for a 24 hour ticket. And the TV cards costing £6 when the TV was supposed to cost £5!

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Enquirer

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your son's recent admission.

It is always good to receive feedback; we try to ensure we share examples of good practice and also that we learn from any negative experiences.

Patient Services