"My innability to keep an appointment one evening."

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Due to a last minute problem with transport I had to ring the hospital switchboard and leave a message for the Rheumatology department saying I could not attend. This morning I rang the Rheumatology department direct to make my apology properly and discovered that no message had been passed on.

The member of staff I spoke to today could not have been more helpful, approachable and professional when helping me.

When I asked to make a further appointment I was assured that I would be given one but that there was a few weeks waiting list which I quite accepted but the member of staff also gave me advise on how to go about getting an appointment sooner if I was in a lot of pain.

I am full of praise for the very busy department and the kindness and professional treatment I have received over the many years I have been a patient there.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you for taking the trouble to contact we regarding your recent treatment. We're delighted you were able to organise another appointment and hope your treatment progresses well. Best wishes