"The very best care possible"

About: East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance Ipswich Hospital / Accident and emergency

I am a dressage trainer, working with horses every day. On Tuesday 10th May I was kicked by a young horse with both hind legs and substantial force in the abdomen, being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Things looked grim.

The first responder arrived only minutes after the 999 call, followed very shortly after by the ambulance and a doctor. The team of several was very professional and effective. Blood pressure and pulse readings suggested internal bleeding on top of possible spinal and neck injuries. They got me to Ipswich A&E very quickly. The trauma team was standing by on arrival. The treatment and attention I received throughout was outstanding, Dr Anna Stannard in particular. Nothing was left to chance. Ultrasonic scan, MRI scan, X-ray the lot. 6 hours later I was discharged, battered, bruised on crutches, aware that I had been very lucky and that I had the very best care possible. I would like to send my thanks to all the team dealing with me in the emergency department including the ambulance crew.

Response from Marian Burgess, Patient Experience Manager, East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the East of England Ambulance Service. I will pass on your kind comments onto the staff involved.

Thank you again for your kind words of appreciation.

I hope you are making a good recovery.

Marian Burgess
Patient Experience Team
East of England Ambulance Service

Response from Steve Bruce, Patient Experience Manager, The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding the care you received at Ipswich Hospital. I will pass this on to the Emergency Department to share amongst the team.