"Patient information"

About: Manor Hospital

My mother was admitted to Walsall Manor Hospital recently, seriously ill. She was initially placed on AMU and then a couple of days later transferred to ward 4. My family have been relying on accurate information about OUR MOTHER when we call. However twice in less than a week we have been given information about other patients. This is from two different wards, two different members of staff and two incorrect patients confidential information being passed on. this has been highly distressing to our family. To add insult to injury, when I sent an E-mail of complaint within their closed system there has been no response!

Response from Garry Perry, Patient Relations Manager, Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you char11e I can acknowledge receipt of your concerns and advise that you will be contacted by my team today. Providing information via telephone is limited and there is a protocol in place to ensure that there are no breaches of confidentiality. If a relative lives a distance away we can set up a password to ensure the correct information is provided to the right person.

I apologise for your poor experience and will ensure this is dealt with appropriately.

Garry Perry