"ENT"

About: Freeman Hospital

I have waited sometime for an appointment with the ENT Consultant. My GP had send a referral to ENT, and it sat on a desk and in a referral file for some time, and was not sent an appointment. I then get offered an appointment at Fell Tower at a consultant led appointment, fine. It’s since been cancelled and I was given an appointment with a specialist’s registrar, but this appointment is one week later.

By the time I see the consultant it will be over 18 weeks’ pathway, which just seems to go by the window without much care or thought in the world for the patient.

I tried to email the consultants secretary tonight to find out what the hell is going on, their email address is advertised next to the name, yet the email keeps bouncing back saying the email address is restricted, so why have the thing on the website if it won’t take emails from patients, I don’t expect the exchange of clinical information, but exchange of information between the secretary and the patient.

So not happy.

Response from Freeman Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on our services at ENT. We are very sorry that you have waited so long for your appointment and that it was cancelled at short notice. We have recruited a new member of staff to join the Medical Team at the end of April, so we anticipate that this should significantly reduce the waiting times for patients for this service.

We have checked the information on our website and this secretary has now left the Directorate, we will get this updated today, and very much appreciate you informing us of this difficulty. May we apologise that you have waited so long for your appointment and thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention. If you have any further concerns or would like to discuss the issues you have highlighted further, please feel free to contact the Directorate Manager for ENT on 0191223109, who will be willing to speak with you.