"aorta aneurism"

About: Countess Of Chester Hospital

Early in February I was told that I needed an operation .twice in April I was given provisional dates but both were cancelled for different reasons, one being the junior doctors strike. I was then told that a bed would be ready for me on May 2nd and that the operation would take place the following day. I was given an overnight drip and an injection. I also signed a consent form. Later that morning I was told that as there was no bed available in the high dependency and that the op would be delayed. Around midday I was sent home and told that I would receive another appointment. Today I was telephoned and notified that the new date was June 20th. I sincerely hope that a bed will be available on that occasion. Are there any plans to enlarge the high dependency ward?

Response from Countess Of Chester Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments.

We were sorry to learn that your surgery has been postponed on a number of occasions. We appreciate that this is a worrying time for you and that this delay has added to your concerns.

If you would like to contact the PALs Department on Freephone 0800 195 1241 and select option 2 or email cochpals@nhs.net, we will be able to feedback to you personally regarding your concerns.

Yours sincerely