"Little boy large splinter in his foot"

My little boy had an infected splinter in his foot. Wouldn't let mummy or daddy touch it.

Minor injuries. Staff were excellent from booking in, initial check and then treatment. My little boy was treated very well and subsequently let the doctors and nurses remove the splinter without any concerns.

Staff communicated very professionally and the waiting time was minimal.

I really hope this hospital stays open!

Response from Accrington Victoria Hospital

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Minor Injuries Unit at Accrington Victoria Hospital with your little boy, and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the care and treatment provided.

We always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care and I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.

If you would like to talk through your visit to the Minor Injuries Unit with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand in further detail what made this such a good experience for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services.

You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk

Many thanks and Best wishes