"A and E visit on 12th May"

About: The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

I had to visit a and e today due to a leg injury. I was very impressed with the department - minor injuries on this visit. I was assessed very quickly and staff were very reassuring despite the department being very busy, often with difficult patients. I had the same nurse throughout my time there and they were very nice

I was sent for an X Ray very quickly and found my leg was broken. It was quickly put into a supportive boot and due to other disabilities I have I was seen by OT and physio. Again this was arranged so quickly, staff were very friendly and reassuring. They even came back to check on me before I went home. I left quite happy, despite the break and would recommend the hospital to anyone in my position.

The only negative would be the reception as you come in. I felt that there could have been more staff to cut down waiting and they could have been more reassuring, especially as they are the first point of contact for patients.

I would be very grateful if these comments could be passed on to the department, to thank them for making my experience a pleasant one.

Response from The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments about our hospital. We are pleased that you had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff. We will also pass on your comments about our reception area to the relevant department.