"a surprisingly nice day out!"

About: West Mendip Community Hospital

I visited the above unit on 10/5/2016 because of pain and swelling in my right ankle after a fall in Weymouth on 4/5/2016. The receptionists were friendly and helpful and I completed a form and was told of the expected waiting time. I was seen at first by a nice student nurse who explained that the nurse will see me shortly. The nurse who examined me was very gentle with a lovely sense of humour which put me at ease. They advised me that I needed an X ray. The radiologist explained how I need to position my foot for a good image and was very kind and patient. I was advised that I had a fractured ankle and a walking cast was arranged for me when I explained that I lived in third floor flat with no lift. The cast was duly applied by another nurse who was absolutely great - I felt no pain at all and they explained what they were doing as they went along in a lovely chatty way.

I was then shown how to use crutches and asked to wait at least half an hour before going home for the cast to set. They even arranged for a follow up visit at The Mendip to save me going all the way to Taunton. Your staff are completely wonderful - I left feeling very happy and confident and I haven't stopped singing their praises!

Response from West Mendip Community Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience of one of our minor injury units at the West Mendip Hospital.

I know that the managers will be very pleased to receive your positive feedback, and the Patient Advice and Liaison Service, PALS, will be very happy to forward your comments on.

May we take this opportunity to wish you well for the future and a speedy recovery.

With kind regards