"More beds and staff needed."

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Medicine

I was in hospital mid march for 5 days for tests in 4E. The staff on the ward where all fantastic. They where run off their feet but fantastic!

My only complaint is that I had an appointment to be admitted on the Sunday at 3pm and got a phone call on the Sunday just as we where leaving to say don't come as there are no beds but come on the Monday morning.. fair enough.. went down on Monday, no beds.. same on Tuesday.. no beds then finally got into a bed at 5pm on Wednesday! I was lead to believe that this is actually a regular occurance as A&E paitents have priority for beds and they are always short on beds. I do understand this and can accept some delays but at the same time I'm not well either and I'm not coming in for no reason! I'd rather be at home in my own bed! Seems more beds and more staff are needed!

Dear faerieshelly,

This must have been very frustrating and annoying for you. It is always a bit worrying when coming into hospital but that must have set your heart racing (more than) a few times.

I could share the explanation about the difficulty in planning when there is an unexpected surge in demand but I see you already appreciate this and of course you are right, you were unwell too but I will pass this to the Senior Management Team for their reflection. By sharing this on Patient Opinion, many people's attention has been drawn to it already, so thank you for taking the time to do so.

I am glad you got fantastic care from 4E and I will pass this to the team, I am sure they will be delighted.

I hope you are fully recovered or at the very least, well on the way there.

Take care,