"My time at ambulatory care unit"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I was sent to ambulatory care unit for blood to be taken. Kept me waiting almost an hour with no explanation even though nobody else waiting. Nurse wasn't very friendly - didn't even have the needles or other stuff required, so another wait for the nurse to go somewhere to find the things needed to do it. Horrible having blood taken by nurse that was very rough. The nurse tried several times to get the needle in and take the blood. Really hurt my arm, no apology. Still have the bruises. Never again.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and I am obviously concerned about the comments you have posted. We want to ensure all of our patients receive good quality care and I am disappointed that this is not what happened in your case.

I would urge you, if you have not done so already, to raise your concerns as a complaint as we would be keen to learn from your experience.

Our complaints staff can be contacted on complaints@pbh-tr.nhs.uk

Regards

Lesley Crosby

Deputy Chief Nurse

• MoggyFluff doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

I am sorry that you did not find this response helpful. I would encourage you, if you have not already done so, to raise your concerns as a complaint as then we will be able to investigate and look at specifics rather than deal with a general anonymous comment

Regards