"Lack of communication"

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

Physiotherapist department - first appointment changed turned up for rescheduled appointment only to be told it had been cancelled. Said they tried to phone me on mobile and land line. Said they left a message. Neither of my phones had a message left and no missed call recorded on mobile. There had been a call to land line number unknown but no message left. I got up at 6.15am to enable me to leave home at 6.50am to walk to the hospital (this takes 45mins) my appointment was at 7.45am.

Had not had breakfast and now had to walk back home with a new rescheduled appointment. Do not understand why they could not send text like other departments.

Disgraceful service

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. Here at Royal Surrey we strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed that we appear not to have delivered that on this occasion. We understand how frustrating it must have been to arrive for an early morning appointment only to learn it had been cancelled. In order for us to investigate this further, could you please email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net. In the meantime, all your comments have been passed on to the head of physiotherapy. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your views.