"Endoscopy unit"

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

I visited the endoscopy unit om 11th may and I was very nervous about my procedure. The staff were welcoming and did all they could to put my mind at ease. Everyone I came into contact with was polite and friendly. They explained everything to me in detail and this was very appreciated even though I myself am a theatre nurse. I was terrified of having the procedure and they were fantastic at keeping me relaxed and calm. The procedure itself was not pleasant but not half as bad as I'd imagined and a nurse held my hand the whole time. In work in a private hospital but value the NHS which is why I chose to have it done in the NHS and I wasn't sorry . I'm so pleased with the care I received and the nurses are a credit to the hospital! Thanks to everyone who looked after me.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding our Endoscopy Unit at St Mary’s Hospital.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers.

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments.