"Impressive management"

About: Southend Hospital

Visited A&E Monday 09.05.16 with what I thought was a badly strained left ankle. Reception was professional and welcoming. After initial examination I was sent for an X-ray that revealed a left lower tibia fracture. After a reasonable wait I was given a bed. I saw the consultant next morning who went through my options suggesting that I opt for a constraining cast with a follow up X-ray/consultation on the 16th May. I could waffle on but in summary both my wife and me were greatly impressed with all aspects of care I received during my stay. Levels of professionalism were at an 8/10 or above considering the pressure of trying to cope with demanding/in pain patients. From a retired Project managers prospective I was very impressed in your ability to deliver your services in a highly fast moving environment - well done NHS Southend - Impressed of Benfleet!

Response from Southend Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post relating to your visit to our A&E department - it is great to hear such positive comments at a particularly busy period for us.

Please be assured I have sent this onto the team for them to be congratulated.

Wishing you well for the future and thank you again for taking the time to post this positive experience.

Regards,