"Poor maternity/ post C-sec patients management."
About: Manor Hospital Manor Hospital Walsall WS2 9PS
Posted by Anonymous
I had C-sec on 24/08/2016 & overall care & post-op care I received was nightmare.
1, Poor communication among team- Called day before & at 6 am in the morning & i was advised to come to maternity reception at 8 am. I was first in the list for section. Arrived in hospital at 7:45 but Nurses at reception said i am late & i end up having c-section at 5:30 in the evening.
2,The doctor who did my section & put the metal clips without my knowledge. On day five when midwife removed the clips one was overlapped & left me with 5 cm gap. This further required me to re-admit to the hospital & resutured. This took two months to heal.
3, Post- Op management in the ward - care provided by nurses was total nightmare.
- firstly, i arrived to ward at 8pm & my family wanted to see the baby. Nurse incharge on duty started shouting & displyed very rude behaviour, said its not visiting time. I appreciate the viditing time was over but whose fault was this for me to wait for my section at 5:30. I had to beg to let atleast let my sister in to see our first prescious baby.
Poor nursing care.
- struggle to feed the baby during the night. Nurses were reluctant to pass me baby frequently for feed & comfort. Cort was too high to reach myself but few times with great difficulty by bringing my bed at maximum hight i manged to pick her up. This made me cry with pain & helplessness.
- Pain control medications were delayed 15-30 mins at times.
- Early morning, other patients & babies were assisted with hygiene needs but me & baby were left alone without any care. Night staff left me on sheet soaking in blood. This was then changed by day nurse.
- No respect for cultural values - Evening time nurses put me condition that if i will not get up & have shower, they will not give me side room & allow my husband to stay overnight ( my wound had profuse bleeding & told by nurse not to get up until reviewd by doctor).
In our culture, we are not supposed to hv shower or wet the wound soon after surgery. This was like joke for them.
They made me to get up & carer left me alone in the bathroom to struggle even to stand.
Can someone teach these nurses about individualised nursing care.
- During the night my i called rhe buzzer for pain control after waiting for 30 min had to call again. One of the HCA came & said, "you are not supposed to ring the bell, as u r in side room now, we expect you to come to nurses desk for medicine".
I work for NHS myself & i swear if i have ever been treated patients like this.
They are so rude, full of attitude, have no sympathy & empathy. 6 C's & values are only to word of writing on hospital walls. Wish there staff can have them.
Overall very poor services :(