"Appalling conmuication from weekend staff and I..."

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Greater London)

Ward 4 weekend staff , and nurses looking after our loved ones do not communicate with each other . Not very freindly , and do not read notes . We have had the worst experience on this ward . On call doctors co e down don't read notes and change everything without ,informing family . No dignity at all . And Rude comments . I didn't feel my relation got the care she deserved . What I witnessed in this ward , do they not think that their are visitors and can see and hear what's going on . I didn't feel my relation was safe when I went home of a night . Suppose to be careing , they don't know the meaning of the word . But not on

Y on this ward . Ward 12 not all but some . I felt I had to be there and make sure she got what she needed because it wouldn't get done . And she was to scared to ask . How do you think we feel . Never would I send a loved one here . Never a doctor when they call . It's not good having so many different doctors and nurses seeing to one patient . Have you never heard of to many cooks in the kitchen . So it doesn't run effictantly . Very scary to go in hospital . My relation who is 74 . Went in for fluids because dehydrated , and ended up seriously ill with things that went wrong by your staff . Very few are lovely , but that's not good enough .

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

I am sorry to hear that your experience at the weekend was poor . I will disucss this with the ward 4 team. I am happy to speak to you directly if you feel that this would help resolve your concerns.

Thank you for the feedback.

Sue Brassington