"St. Mary Hospital,ManchestWard 64/C-section..."

About: St Mary's Hospital (Manchester)

I gave birth to my first child by C section in the Saint Mary's Hospital in Manchester a couple of weeks ago.

After the section I had to stay in ward 64 for three days. I would like to thank the midwife who was in charge of the night shift on 25/04/2016 and early morning 26/04/2016.

They were very caring to mothers and babies and was spending good time with every patient to ensure all the patient have received a high quality caring throught the shift.

They were very kind and passionate about educating new moms and used every opportunity to do so.

I also would like to thank the midwife who was in charge of the day shift on 27/04/2016 who delivered a professional support during my stay.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments posted on the NHS Choices / Patient Opinion website regarding your care on Ward 64 at Saint Mary’s Hospital.

It was very kind of you to take the time to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. It was reassuring to read that you thought the midwifery staff provided high quality care and were very kind. Supporting and teaching new mums is a key role for a midwife and we are delighted to read that our midwives took every opportunity to provide this for you.

I can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to Lead Midwife for Intra-partum Care Julie Hempstock and the staff involved.

The Patient Experience Team.