"Appointment time"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

Positives: I was seen within 4 weeks of my symptoms the consultant who seen me was efficient and capable, with a pleasant manner.

Negatives: I was at first seen by a student Dr. I did advise the doctor that I was getting a lot of abdominal pain as well as my joint pains.

But I don't think the doctor was listening.

I have been given next appointment in August. I am in so much pain I can't get out bed some days. If the clinic can see me in 4 weeks of my symptoms why should I have to wait 3 months to be seen again. I am in so much pain.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Rheumatology at Leicester Royal Infirmary. As your symptoms would appear to have worsened since your last appointment could we advise you to contact the clinic to enquire if you could change your appointment; re-contact your GP who made the original referral or email Holly Bertalan, General Manager – Rheumatology and Infectious Diseases holly.bertalan@uhl-tr.nhs.uk with your name, address, telephone number and hospital number and Holly will be in contact with you.

Many thanks, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.